At Berry, we are committed to our mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue, we are a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. We operate over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employ over 48,000 individuals.
Are you looking for an inclusive organization with a fast-paced environment? We work with many of the world’s leading brands to bring them value-added protection solutions. We foster an environment of team players who embrace our strong ties to the communities in which we work and serve. Become part of a place where your work is valued. Join our growing team today. PURPOSE:
Under the direction of the Mold Shop Supervisor, The Mold Repair Specialist is responsible for maintaining Injection molds in safe & production-ready condition by administering the tooling preventative maintenance program, troubleshooting mold issues & making repairs, as needed. This position reports directly to the Mold Shop Supervisor and is under the direction of the Operations Manager.
- Performs all tasks necessary to operate Mold Shop equipment according to procedure.
- Troubleshoots and repairs Injection molds as needed.
- Administers tooling Preventative Maintenance program.
- Participates in tooling optimization and cost control/reduction activities.
- Maintains 5S environment in work area
- Ability to follow verbal or written instructions.
- Ensures all auxiliary equipment is in place and in working order.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Adheres to plant and corporate safety policies.
- May assist in other areas or perform other duties as required by fluctuating business needs
- Professional with at least 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment, specifically in a plastics injection environment.
- Mold maintenance experience required.
- Possesses high school diploma/GED
- Must hold a journeyman’s card in related field (i.e. machine repair)
- Demonstrates ability to operate a vertical mill, lathe and surface grinder.
- Demonstrates ability to use micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Demonstrates ability to assemble/disassemble injection molds.
- Demonstrates ability to repair hot runner systems.
- Ability to work in a high paced and multi-task environment.
- Maintains positive team environment.
- Ability to read, write and follow written or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and is very detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location/Region: Brookville, PA