GrafTech International is the leader in the graphite industry focused on maximizing customers’ bottom lines and providing unparalleled service, while developing cutting-edge technology that sets the standard in the steel industry.
Senior Electrical Engineer
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer reporting to the Operations Manager. This position will be based out of our facility in St. Marys, PA. The primary function of this position will be to provide electrical engineering expertise and execution for the continuous improvement of the graphite electrode manufacturing facility.
See below for a summary of responsibilities.
• Applies quality standards to engineering projects to insure compliance with certification requirements and internal best practices for plant operations.
• Provides day-to-day equipment and facility electrical engineering support including but not limited to: furnaces, conveying devices, presses, mixers, lathes and emissions control devices.
• Provides required engineering to recommend and implement modifications to existing equipment including scope, estimate, procurement, construction installation and start up troubleshooting.
• Conducts research that tests and analyzes feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
• Provides programming solutions to maintain, enhance, and improve dependable and proficient process control.
• Directs the electrical preventive maintenance programs within the plant to maintain, enhance and improve plant operations.
• Manages complex capital projects with multi-million dollar budgets that require the support of multiple project engineers.
• Leads meetings to validate project concepts, appropriate change management processes and project implementation.
• Insures that specific HSEP policies are followed.
• B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
• Ability to understand and apply the National Electric Code and The Standard for Electrical Safety in Workplace- 70E
• Understanding of single and three-phase AC power; working voltage ranges of 120 V to 480 V and substation voltages of 4.16 kV and 12.47 kV.
We offer a competitive salary (including incentive program) and benefits package commensurate with experience and the opportunity to join a well-established organization. If you thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment and have a proven track record in achieving results, come join our worldwide organization.
For immediate consideration, please apply via our Careers website or use the Careers Center page of Graftech.com to create a profile on our Careers website and apply by October 14, 2019.
For additional information about GrafTech, please visit our website at www.graftech.com
Location/Region: Saint Marys, PA (15857)