Full-Time Police Officer
The Johnsonburg Borough is currently taking applications for a full-time police officer. The position starts with a competitive salary including a complete health care package.
Every applicant shall possess the following qualifications:
• A diploma from an accredited high school or a graduate equivalency diploma (GED).
• Be Act 120 Certified under the Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Act (Act 120), (MPOETC) 53 Pa. C. A. 2161 et seq., or shall have successfully completed Act 120 Training and successfully passed the final exam, thus being eligible for Act 120 Certification once hired by the borough.
• Be a United States Citizen.
• Be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a police officer.
• Possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and be eligible to legally operate a motor vehicle in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
All applicants must have reached their twenty-first (21st) birthday before the deadline for submitting completed applications. Within twelve (12) months of being employed, a successful applicant for an entry level police officer position shall locate his primary residence within thirty (30) minutes travel time of the borough police station.
Applications can be picked up in person or by request at the Johnsonburg Borough office at 100 Main St., Johnsonburg, PA 15845 or by calling (814) 965-5682.
Applications must be received by September 20, 2019 at 3:00 p.m
Location/Region: Johnsonburg, PA (15845)